Friday, June 4, 2010

A Brisk Walk and a cup of Tea


I often think that the majority of problems both personal and global could be settled over tea and/or a good brisk walk. I think perhaps my working brain is directly connected to the cadence of my feet. A good pace and the thoughts just start flowing, a bit like a mouse on a wheel. This morning I decided to skip yoga and hit the streets. I laced up my shoes, charged up my iPod and headed out the door. I have a lot on my mind right now and I just needed to get out and get some fresh air. I find music helpful, my current playlist of choice is the two albums by Dan Mangan, they seem to help me walk and think.

We are currently facing a change in financial circumstances and for the next while we will be dealing with some uncertainty. So, my topic of the day was to come up with some strategies to get through the next couple of months.

If you know me, you will know, I am not that great with money. I have an unnatural love of shoes, strollers (I have owned 11) and bikes, I currently own 2. Notice I left the shoe count out!!! I am also one of the world's biggest procrastinators. I have journals and journals filled with my great ideas for saving money, getting in shape and getting organized. Sadly they span about 20 years. Don't worry I don't really waste too much time thinking about it, it seems the moment I finish jotting down my big plans, I am back to enjoying life, hanging with my family, buying shoes and eating meringues.


I recently signed up for a daily online newsletter with a group called the Smart Cookies, hoping to pick up some sweet tips for becoming more financially savvy. It has only been a week so, I will have to report back on whether this is helping. The tips are good, it is just, will I put them into action or not.

My walk this morning was very helpful, I am all geared up to get busier over the next few weeks making pottery and I am planning on opening up my studio for the Fernwood Art Stroll and also being at Moss Street for the Moss Street Paint In. I am very excited about the pottery I have been working on so this gets me very excited.

Now for the tea part, I think I shall enjoy a cup and mull over my thoughts and decisions, come up with a plan of action and a schedule to try and work with in. I will keep you posted.

3 comments:

  1. I to sometimes find it hard to get going on my thoughts,a friend gave me these words "What would you do, if you knew you would not fail" I was amazed at what I came up with, and my ability to actually "DO" some of them. love and light Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that is really great advice Marie, I think I will do some thinking about what I would do if I knew I would not fail, I would definitely learn to play the cello!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm too busy filling journal #27 myself and working on Plan Q to post much here. Suffice to say that we are more similar than even we think sometimes. Thanks for making me laugh tonight when I might have cried. Let's have tea soon. PS I only had 3 strollers but statistically that is just about bang on.

    ReplyDelete