Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Home Sweet Home


Each morning when I come home from yoga, I step inside our front gate and pause there for a moment. Our garden is spectacular. And in the early morning quiet, it is just so peaceful, so idyllic. We have taken our house off the market, but when it was for sale, I used to think that this is when people should come for the viewings, about 7 or 7:30am. Everything seem so fresh, so alive. Maybe in retrospect, I should be happy that no one came to see it like this, they may have bought it. And sure we could use a little more space and another bathroom, but let me tell you, I don't mind staying here.

We made the decision a few weeks back not to sell. The market had slowed, pretty much the day we listed, and selling was taking longer than we had imagined. Also, Sam decided it was time to make a career change, and banks get kind of funny about mortgaging a new house with out income verification, funny how that is. I do believe things happen for a reason. Shortly after we made the decision to stay, we were at a friends birthday with a lot of our friends from the neighbourhood, and everyone kept telling us how happy they were that we weren't leaving. I think it was nice for Sam to hear this. As the person at home with children, I am sort of the family frontline in the neighbourhood, Sam busy working, doesn't get that level of interaction on a regular basis. To have all these people happy we were staying I think really reaffirmed for Sam how fortunate we are to live in a great community.

I don't want to get too complacent, as one never knows what the future holds, especially when your partner is in the midst of a career change. But for now, I am happy to be here. I am happy to have Sam home, fixing things around the house and spending time as a family. I am happy to enjoy my beautiful garden and my wonderful friends. I will make the most of these moments and really be grateful for them.



1 comment:

  1. I do so agree with you that things happen for a reason, always nice to have your man around home,love your garden,. cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete